Sunday, 3 April 2011

Books for teenagers

I like reading books for teenagers, yes I do, some of them are amazing! These are my favourite of recent times...
*Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli







Stargirl is lovely, magical, romantic and kookie. Everyone should read it. Look how pretty the cover is? you can tell it's going to be good!




* Holes by Louis Sachar







I resisted Holes for a while.. possibly because the synopsis didn't interest me and the cover looks really dry... but how wrong I was! Kind of like a fable and absolutely awesome.



*King Dork by Frank Portman








When I read this it was just so exciting - so fresh and so funny and about music and being in a band. A really great teen book which boys (and men) love too.



*Andromeda Klein by Frank Portman







Frank Portman's second book. I thought things couldn't get better than King Dork, but then Portman went and wrote this which has libraries, books and the occult in it (all my favourite things)



ok, there will be more of this tomorrow... Bert and Sadie want to watch a sunday night movie.
so long.x

Columbo has been watched, and it's now actually Monday - so here is the rest of my favourite teen reads.

*An Abundance of Katherines by John Green







I like all of John Green's books, but this is my favourite. Green is funny and clever. Yep. Read them all!




*Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky







Perks is offically an adult title I think, but it is perfect for teenagers, and I have never met anyone who hasn't liked this. It's got a great narrative voice, drugs, Rocky Horror Picture show, love, friendship and the whole damn thing.


* Gossip Girl by Cecily von Zeigesar








Maybe you watched the tv show? well, the books are wonderful too - a bit of a guilty pleasure.


*The Luxe by Anna Godberson







Wow! There are four of these books in the series. They are ridiculous and wonderful and full of posh people and dresses... a bit like watching a made for tv movie...


I also loved Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot, anything by Louise Rennison, Maureen Johnson, Sarah Dessen... and I haven't really touched on the faerie/vampire books... they have kind of taken over and put me off a bit. Still, I loved reading Holly Black, Cassandra Clare, Melissa Marr, Stephanie Meyer and Libba Bray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...