Sunday, 10 April 2011

I finished Great House by Nicole Krauss. It was so good, like great american novel good. It's made up of about four different stories (in different countries) which are all linked together by a desk, and maybe that sounds a bit lame, but it's not! because it's also about loss, memory and childhood and the things that get left behind. 

Have now just started Eight White Nights by Andre Aciman, but am not sure am in the mood for it just yet. I did love his previous book Call Me By Your Name. So instead of writing about that I thought I'd let you know my top ten books of last year... yep, I will.

In no particular order (other than number 1 was my favourite), the best books I read in 2010 were....
1.  Just Kids by Patti Smith
2.  Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
3.  Paradise built by Rebecca Solnit
4.  The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tora Bailey
5.  Encyclopeadia of Snow by Sarah Emily Miano
6.  Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman
7.  Our Tragic Universe by Scarlett Thomas
8.  Face on Your Plate by Jeffrey Masson
9.  Lean on Pete by Willy Vlautin
10.Fair Maiden by Joyce Carol Oates

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...