Saturday, 9 April 2011

Food

It's been a busy week - lots on at work and a trip to Coventry for a course, and back in work this afternoon for an exhibition opening.

I did fit in making some salads (my favourite food) and tried beetroot hummus for the first time. I bought some to try from an organic farm and thought I wouldn't like it, but it was delicious and fresh and beetroots are super good for you too. So if you want to make it, it's pretty much like making regular hummus but without the chick peas (saying that - some recipes have chick peas too, but I decided against it). So cook beetroots first by boiling them until soft (crazily this seems to take about an hour) and then just blend them with lemon juice, some lemon zest, tahini, a small garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper. I also added some ground cumin which added a nice warmth to it.  I think I had four or five smallish beets, about half a lemon, a dessert spoon of tahini and a good slug of olive oil to blend together.

The potato salad there in the picture was boiled potatos mixed with some chopped green olives and cornichons, fresh coriander and a spoonfull of vegan mayonaise. The tomato chickpeas were made by frying onion and then adding fresh tomatoes, sundried tomato paste, smoked paprika and lots of olive oil.

We ate all this with a green salad and some (what the Americans call) biscuits and what we don't have a name for. Savoury scones? (actually me and bert call them savoury beauts..)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...