Sunday, 17 April 2011

Reading update

Oh my, isn't it good when books are good?
I've just read Monkey Grip by Helen Garner and Paradoxical Undressing by Kristen Hersh (am actually just in the middle of this one). They were/are both so good!  I hadn't heard of Helen Garner, but 'Monkey Grip' is now published by penguin classics, so that totally means it's good.  It's about a young woman living in Australia with her young daughter Gracie and her relationship with Javo - a charming junkie.  It feels so real, and I found out afterwards that it is based on her diaries... also, paradoxical undressing is kinda based on Hersh's diary from 1985. Anyway, what I am trying to say, is that they have a similar feel and voice to them and you should all read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...