Sunday, 3 April 2011

Reading.

Here is my what i've been reading update! Ok, so the Candia McWilliam is done - it was really good though perhaps a little long, although I do feel mean saying that. I then read The Seas by Samantha Hunt, this was quite odd and also a little eerie, it reminded me of Morvern Callar (the book) and Breaking the Waves (the film), I wasn't 100% in love with it, but it's one of those books that has a great sense of place and atmosphere and has really stuck with me.  I then started on the Joyce Carol Oates which proved to be a little too sad so I moved on to a young adult book called The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson.


This wasn't a particularly wise choice on my part as The Sky is Everywhere is about the sudden death of the main characters sister. It made me cry. It was really good.
At this point I don't feel I can go back to Joyce as it's a big book, and I am therefore worried that it is a big book of sad. So...

I've started The Great House by Nicole Krauss instead

Other than reading I have also been watching Tales of the City as Bert bought the dvd. I don't know why I haven't watched it before, I've read most of the books and I adore San Francisco. Anyway, am sorting that all out now and we've watched two episodes so far, the highlight of which is when Michael Mouse dances in his pants on stage. Hurray. It's been a super good sunday.x

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...