Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Edward Gorey

Gorey tarot cards...

I love Edward Gorey. I'd forgotten how much, but was reminded by these tarot cards. I've just been reading about him online... apparently he was 'unusually fond' of ballet, fur coats, tennis shoes and cats, and he loved watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer too! (we've just been rewatching a bit of Buffy this evening).

Then looking at Gorey made me think of Brett Helquist

who did the wonderful illustrations for 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' ....

which made me think of Tony DiTerlizzi who illustrated 'The Spiderwick Chronicles' as well as the delicious 'The Spider and the Fly'




and then it all got a bit much, so I went back to Gorey and his cats


they all look so content.x

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...