Sunday, 29 May 2011

I Capture the Castle

I wrote about I Capture by Dodie Smith the other day, and I thought I'd add some pictures of the beautiful edition that I was given by the manager of the bookshop I used to work in.










I Capture the Castle was Dodie Smith's fist novel which she wrote aged 52.  Smith was a well known British playwright who moved to America with her husband and dalmations (101 dalmations was published in 1956) and wrote I Capture the Castle while feeling a bit homesick for England.  



6 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, I love the Folio society, wish all my books were theirs. Missed your post on I Capture the Castle - read it for the first time a few years ago when I was working for Random House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write about this book on my blog a while back. It is one of my favourites. This is BEAUTIFUL. It captures the feel of the book so well, absolutely gorgeous and something for you to treasure. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love Folio Society books, hubby has a shelf or 2 full here, had to cancel his subscription recently, so many books and he can't read now, but I do love to just look at the spines♥ I will have to seek out and read Capture the Castle I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comments! glad you like i capture the castle too. Folio books are so beaufiful - i have a few - all gifts from the same person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i meant beautiful rather than beaufiful... tho i do like the word beaufiful....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's a beautiful copy! I Capture the Castle is my favorite book, think I've read it about 5 times now.

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...