Sunday, 8 May 2011

movies and soup

unfortunately I was badly behaved and drank lots of wine last night. this led to a hazy day today... although we did go to town and bought movies. 
Bert bought 'She-wolf of London' which we watched this afternoon



I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I feel I should say that there isn't a lot of wolf in it.
 Then I napped.... and then I watched 'Scott Pilgrim Vs the World'



which might be the best film ever.

there were vegan police in it who could take away your vegan powers if you ate dairy.


I have the film tastes of a teenager.

Anyway, my friend Shelley wanted to know how to make pea and asparagus soup.... so here goes.
I'm not great at amounts and things so maybe you'll have to google some recipes! But this is how I made it.


Ingredients
1 chopped onion
2 chopped garlic cloves
about 6 small new potatoes - cubed
bunch of asparagus - chopped
peas... maybe a cup and a half of them? i use frozen.
stock
salt and pepper
I also added vegan parmesan at the end but that is very much optional
you could also add soy milk to it to which sometimes i do and sometimes i don't

ok, so...
the onion and garlic are fried gently in olive oil and once they begin to cook add the potatoes.
cover and cook on a low heat  for about 10 minutes (I believe this may be called 'sweating')
add the chopped asparagus and peas (I often make this without asparagus. I only added asparagus this time because I had bought some from work and they were really long spears that looked like they might be a bit much just roasted - which is usually my asparagus dish of choice)
cover with stock and cook until tender.
once cooked blend until smooth (here you may want to add soy milk if you prefer it creamy)
I would be quite generous on the salt and pepper too.

and that's it! delicious.x

1 comment:

  1. Thank You! I will try that this weekend I think..♥

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...