Thursday, 26 May 2011

parties, bugs, readings and soup

Last Sunday was my niece's fifth birthday party and I went along to help (although I am not sure how much help I was..).  I did manage to pick up the stomach bug that was going round the five year olds like wildfire and therefore had Tuesday off work to lie and shiver a bit on the sofa.  Last night we went to Susie Wild's reading of her new Kindle 'single' Arrivals... (I just nipped over to Susie's blog to get a link, and found out that she had already linked to me! ha!) and today I went on a course to learn how to be a scribe. Unfortunately we didn't look like this at the end...


Then I had to do a bit of shopping for playdough ingredients for children in work. Our theme for next week is money - what colour should my playdough be? grey? green? yellow?

And now I've just made soup, hurray!



It's carrot and coriander with a bit of smoked paprika on the top.
My recipe is just to fry an onion in olive oil for a few minutes and add a little sugar and soy sauce.
Add chopped carrots (think I used about 8 large carrots) and one clove of garlic and let it sweat for a little while.
Add a bit of turmeric and stock and cook until carrots are soft.
Then blend it with a nice bunch of fresh coriander and add some soy milk too until you get your desired consistency. yumarama.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya
    I’m just sending out a quick message to let people know their Faith Hope and Charity Swapping partners. Days of spreedsheet fiddling I tell you, if this works it’s going on my CV! I won’t have access to a PC from Tues 31st until June 6th – so any questions will have to wait til I get back I’m afraid. I’m going to put up a quick post on the rules before I go, but for now you can check out your partner’s blog and start figuring out what they might like.
    Your swap partner is Bibbitybob

    http://bibbity-bob.blogspot.com
    Thanks for playing along!
    Lakota

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...