Saturday, 30 July 2011

Today has been lovely. I have been reading this...


and it was quite the pageturner. I do like a campus novel with mean girls in it.

I sent Albert's quilt...


Bert added a caterpillar to the parcel...


yesterday I bought new books...


...and a new cafetiere as my last (cheap) one broke and I will not do without my coffee.


Today we bought cds from Spillers (the oldest record shop in the world)...


and went to Buffalo for beers...





and then headed to Chapter for the highlight of the day which was a cinema showing of LABYRINTH!!


I love the baby's little stripey romper suit! and I very much love David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King too.  As it says here, 'Bowie brings to the character his years of experience of sexualized strutting' I have decided to be mature here and not dwell on David Bowie's 'area'.

I would like this t-shirt.

After the joys of Labyrinth we had veggie burgers and chips


It was quite a meal as  you see, but I pretty much got through it all - apart from the salad of course.

Also bibbity-bob got the swap parcel I sent her today...


reading and listening to music tonight I think... xx

4 comments:

  1. wow busy day, sounds like you got a lot of fun out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day you've had. I really want to read that book The Raising - it's on my wishlist. Also really want the Mexican Food Made Easy book. Watched the show the other night and it was really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi lyndel! it was a fun day although we spent too much money on books and cds as you can tell...
    jen? i loved the tv show about mexican food too - the book is really pretty and has loads of delicious recipes in it even for vegans like me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you have been so busy! That quilt is oh so cute. And you got to see the Labyrinth in the cinema, jealous! x

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...