Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Vegan pizza with tahini

Ok, this is the last time (possibly) that I talk about pizza... I just got so excited about making dough that I've been making it nearly every week.... I've tried it with vegan cheese on it but it makes it a bit heavy, so usually I just make a fresh tomato sauce and then top the pizza with onions and roasted vegetables.

Last year at the End of the Road festival there was a stand that made pizzas including a vegan one with tahini on it... I am not a huge, huge fan of tahini but that tahini pizza was just delicious.

this is the pizza stand... I am near the counter in red

So this time I decided to add tahini to the mix....

 here is my awesome dough...


and this is the pizza when cooked. I put all the toppings on and then drizzled tahini mixed with olive oil over the top. I used the thin tahini but it was the end of the jar and a bit thick so that's why I added the olive oil, I don't think there would have been a need to add olive oil otherwise.

I was a bit nervous of the tahini because I find it can sometimes take over taste wise, but I think next time I would add more because it was totally delicious.  Tahini on pizza is the way forward.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm such a sucker for pizza, could live on it if I thought I wouldn't be seven dress sizes bigger. Thanks for your kind words on my last blog post. I'm still working on your swap parcel, will be with you before the end of the month! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW- that looks like it could be in a food magazine! So many pretty colors; I bet it was so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the tahini pizzas from EOTR - they were delish! I am going to try making a pizza with tahini instead of cheese right now ;-)

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...