Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Creative Space



I bought some material! I ordered it from Fabric Rehab - those smaller pieces at the front of both pictures are from their mini bundles - so you don't actually know what you are getting. Luckily I loved everything they sent and I like getting fabric surprises too.

I am also still working on Bert's star quilt. It is taking quite a while but looking good i think....


I like the little red fish in it...




this is the quilt laid out on my bed... I thought it might help with scale.... does it?
Anyway, it's going to be a 'lap quilt' (or a 'throw' if a lap quilt sounds like something a guy in his 90s would have), so apparently it should be as long as the person you are making it is tall.  I think I'm just over half way...


9 comments:

  1. lady, you are SO talented! Every time I visit you i am in awe!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa that quilt looks like A LOT of work, it also looks fabulous; love the wee fishy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, love the new fabric and the quilt is looking gorgeous! Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to Fabric Rehab, now I'm going to be in lots of trouble. And the quilt, it's amazing, I would love to do a quilt like that one day. Looks like lots of cutting and piecing? Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all those new fabrics, and the colours in the one you are making are awesome too! Looking fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. that's a lot of work!! Looks nice, bright and happy.. love the red fish too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh! thank you for so many nice comments! glad you like the quilt so far...it is taking longer to sew than i thought... but as i had never made one like this before i went in to it all innocently...
    ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those bright fabrics!
    And your quilt is amazing - you have such patience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb work quilt queen :) x

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...