Sunday, 14 August 2011

Jenny and the Cat Club



Oh, I loved Jenny and the Cat club when I was little.  It's about a little black cat called Jenny Linsky who is taken in by a kind old man (Captain Tinker) and given a red scarf to wear. She is quite shy but eventually becomes friends with all the other cats in the neighbourhood. There are 13 books (the first originally published in 1944 I think) but I only had the one.... which I am quite sad about now! I could have been reading loads of adventures about Jenny instead of the same one over and over again!

A few years ago they were reprinted by New York Review Books which makes them officially classics - hurray. If you know any little ones they need to know about Jenny!  Look at the illustrations...




Jenny is the cutest that is for sure. People have even been crafting about her...

(found these here)

(and this slightly startled Jenny from here)

aw.x

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! I have actually never read those books, but my grandmother had some of those little black cats with the red bows in her house for as long as I can remember, and my sister and I both have them now! It is nice to know where they came from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of 'Jenny and the Cat club' but I will have a look on your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my pangaloon? i think your girls would love reading about jenny! and hazelandmare? you should probably read them too... bert has just read them and he is 32. Jenny knows no boundaries.x

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...