Monday, 22 August 2011

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern


For this season Miss Sadie recommends The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

I just finished reading it today (I got a proof copy and the book isn't out until next month) and it is so wonderful.  I haven't enjoyed a novel so much in a while.  It's a story set in the late 1800s about the most amazing circus and a magical game that is being played. The details of the circus are so, so beautiful and I enjoyed reading it so much and am a little sad it is all over.

Erin's blog can be found here. She has also been illustrating a gorgeous set of tarot cards...



Reading The Night Circus made me want to get some tarot cards too... so I ordered some and they came yesterday  (not these ones I should add as they aren't available - I got the Wildwood Tarot and will add some photos soon), I'll let you know how I get on telling the future.

Here are a couple of images of the UK edition of the book (which I am going to buy even though I have read it).



and one of the US edition...

(the images were all taken from the Erin's blog and website)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...