Saturday, 17 September 2011

Cauliflower soup

I've been reading Sophie Dahl's new cookbook today and came across a recipe for cauliflower chowder and I thought it sounded delicious. I didn't actually follow her recipe though (she also had fish and cream in it) but just went with the general idea. Today I bought one of these cauliflowers...

 ...and decided to roast it with 3 cloves of garlic. Meanwhile I fried some onion and potatoes in soya butter and olive oil and once they started sticking added water and nutritional yeast flakes.  I let it simmer on the hob until the potatoes were cooked and when the cauliflower and garlic cloves were roasted I added them too. I added soy milk and whizzed it all up until smooth.  To serve I added a little bit more soya butter and smoked paprika.
It was really lovely. Creamy with a subtle flavour and a touch of smokiness.x

1 comment:

  1. Love cauliflower, I'd love to eat some of your soup right now - I'm full up with a cold!

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...