Saturday, 3 September 2011

quilt club, mardi gras and a dud avocado...

This morning I have quilt club, and this afternoon Cardiff Mardi Gras. They are both for work but should be fun too... I also have stomach ache.... but it will be fine right?

Yesterday Bert bought me The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy.  I have been wanting to read the Dud Avocado for ages, but am glad I waited as I now have this gorgeous edition with a Lucienne Day design on the cover.


The Dud Avocado was written in 1958 and is about a young American woman in Paris in the early 50s.  Groucho Marx said
'The Dud Avocado made me laugh, scream and guffaw (which incidentally, is a great name for a law firm).'

(oo, thought I'd add that both quilt club and mardi gras were lovely and now I am super sleepy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...