Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Vegan Pancake Recipe

This is for you Another Diamond Day!

Ok, the recipe is from the book Vegan Yum Yum by Lauren Ulm and it's called Weekend Pancakes Made Easy. The reason it's easy is because she puts it all in a blender (starting with the wet ingredients and then adding the dry) but I don't have a blender, so I whisked it in a bowl and started with the dry ingredients and added the wet. So here goes:

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl - one and a third cups of flour (I used a self raising, although Lauren also goes for spelt), one tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon baking poweder and a quarter of a teaspoon of salt.
Then add the wet ingredients which are one and a half cups of soy milk, two tablespoons of oil, 1 teaspoon of extract (I went for vanilla) and then whisk it all up. If it seems to thick you can add water, although I think it is meant to be quite thick so it will make those yummy thick American style pancakes.

That's the mixing done, then you just need to cook them, heat up some oil and ladle some batter in to the frying pan, you'll know it's ready to turn when the edges get a darker yellow and bubbles form on the top. Lauren says that she makes her pancakes about 3 inches in diameter and I guess that's about the same size as mine too.

I made six pancakes out of the batter and kept them warm in a really low oven until we were ready to eat them. We ate them with vegan margarine and syrup (golden for Bert, Maple for me), they are also really delicious with a bit of vegan bacon on the top.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this! I really appreciate it! I will cook them this coming saturday for breakfast and will let you know how they turn!!! HAve a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sian! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my latest post! It means a lot to me! I need people to tell me that cat will be happy no matter to convince myself! I am happy to know that your cat is a happy cat! I'd love to see some pics of him/her? What's his/her name? I am off to bed to see a bit of curbs my enthusiasm now! Good night!

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...