Tuesday, 25 October 2011

cinnamon


bertie made lasagne on the weekend. yum and yum. his secret ingredient in the white sauce is cinnamon... used instead of nutmeg. it works a treat.

Last night I made roasted butternut squash soup. I cut the squash in half and scooped out the seeds, drizzled with olive oil and put two cloves in garlic in each of the scooped out areas. chucked a coupla sprigs of rosemary on the top and roasted in the oven until soft (about 40 minutes I think). I fried a couple of onions and some potatoes and added a little sugar and cinnamon (!!). Once the potatoes were soft I added the squash and garlic (now all roasted and squishy), cooked it for about ten minutes and blended it with some fresh coriander.

there's a drizzle of soya cream on the top too....

3 comments:

  1. Mmm! I love autumn comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must try the cinnamon in place of nutmeg in lasagne next time.

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...