Sunday, 23 October 2011

sunday music:the only bones that show by baby dee



When me and Bert first got together he had to move away for a little while.  During that time he got tickets to see Baby Dee, and sent me her cd 'safe inside the day' to listen to, which I loved.  As it happened, bert and I missed each other too much, so he decided to come and see me, which meant he didn't get to see Baby Dee.  This tuesday she is playing in Cardiff, and we are not going to see her here either! we don't really have enough money for it (we are also not going to see Steve Earle tomorrow too)... but we can listen to the cds instead which are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. It is quite strange, theatrical, magical and dark and a bit sad too, in some ways it reminds me of Antony and the Johnsons (she played harp on Antony and the Johnsons debut album). I hope you like her as much as we do.   The song I have chosen is 'the only bones that show'.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...