Wednesday, 2 November 2011

miso soup


 I have been feeling a bit bleugh...

Today I had a day off from work and a craving for miso soup. I love miso soup, but have never made it before and was a bit nervous of it as it's a completely different way of cooking for me (no onions are fried??! no olive oil?).

I read a few recipes and liked the look of Heidi Swanson's one which more or less said that you can put what you want in miso soup. So... I heated up some water in a saucepan and added some spring onions/scallions, shitake mushrooms, chilli flakes and a dash of soy sauce. I cooked that for about 5/10 minutes and then added miso paste (it will probably tell you how to cook with miso on the jar, but you have to mix it with water to a paste and then add to the soup and you are not meant to boil it). With the miso I added some tofu, a little sea salt, and fresh coriander and it was ready to go! oh, it was really good. I ate the whole lot and it made me feel a whole lot better. Am thinking of making another batch... and also tackling kombu stock....

the pictures I took make it look like a bowl of brown... but really, it was very very good.x

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to read that your feelign poorly, hope your feel better. I have to agree with you ther is something about miso soup that gives you a pick me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fell better! miso soup has magic in it.

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...