Saturday, 12 November 2011

veggiestan by sally butler and what i ate for dinner...


Bertie is the best and he bought me Veggiestan by Sally Butcher.
It is such a lovely book - it's all vegetarian and a lot of the recipes are vegan too, or if not, really easy to make vegan. I can't wait to try pea hummous, falafel, and all the rice dishes...
The only recipe I have tried so far is olive bread...


....and it turned out great! it was pretty easy to make too and so delicious!
I ate it with salad and lemon potatoes...

 can you see those little red salad leaves mixed in with those tomatoes and avocado?
they are red amaranth....
I'd never seen it before, but I love the word amaranth... AM.AR.ANTH....
it tastes a little like beetroot....

thanks for the comments about my scrappy quilt... am going to keep going with it and will show you more picutres next week.x

4 comments:

  1. Oh that book sounds good. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh! this is going on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo ive never seen food prepared like that. looks interesting. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is on my 'wish list'.

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...