Thursday, 8 December 2011

vintage christmas decorations (image heavy!)

Work has been busy as we are open late for our Christmas event for three nights. All the houses in the museum where I work have been decorated according to their time period - I work in an open air museum that has lots of original historical buildings that have been moved to the museum and been re-erected. The buildings are then set out to look as they would have done in the 'olden times - and I took some pictures yesterday that I thought you might enjoy.x

6 comments:

  1. So lovely! That fairy is a bit frightening though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ADORE your DECOR!!! loving the vintage bulbs... i have very similar ones. i love any christmas decor that reminds me of what my grandma had when i was growing up! fabulous tree to :)

    xo, vanessa (the gal)

    http://fashiongalfireman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is making me miss the museum Christmas spirit! My favourite was always the 1950s style stuff, particularly as I have the miniature xmas trees at home that my nan gave me! I'll try and take a pic of them for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Christmas decorations at St Fagans! So sad the Xmas evening was cancelled today, we were so looking forward to coming. Thanks for the lovely photos Sian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The decoration is so pretty!

    Thanks so much for stopping by(:

    I hope you have an awesome day(;

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...