Monday, 30 January 2012

our bookshelves...

on saturday we went through our books... cleaning, dusting, sorting and deciding which books to get rid of. somehow this took about 7 hours... at which point we gave up and went for veggie burgers. also, we both have allergies so were sneezing because of the dust round about a half hour in. I maintain that my allergies were more severe, bert does not agree with this but unfortunately does not have his own blog to state his case.
Bert put another few hours in on sunday while i drank coffee, listed some of the more fancy books on ebay and made pizza... now our shelves look beautiful... wanna see them? here goes...

this is after we chucked out two boxes and two big bags of books....

craft books... i think there's space for one or two more...

some robert crumb and a monkey

some of my 'young adult' books...

cute things....

graphic novels... you ever read Owly? cutest thing ever. splendid glass cat too...

some crime and some tofu figures...

classics....

the strong women area...

more strong women...and an elephant

pretty books. I love the book 'I am a bunny'

a little shrine...


art books and a house....

and there are more pictures... I may treat you to them later.x

10 comments:

  1. WOW!I am seriously jealous! What a beautiful home! I love all the little bits and bobs! I am moving in three weeks and I plan on having all my books on display. I have a lot of art books and little things that my guests can enjoy. Books are so comforting and look fantastic in a room.

    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I just want to pull up a chair, pour a cuppa and browse x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with DDD above - books look great in a room (although Mr FHCS has a few sword n sandals type paperbacks I'm not too keen on). I could easily spend a day in there on a beanbag as long as you kept the coffee coming. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! to the sword n sandals books...coffee and books is my favourite combination.x

      Delete
  4. I'm so jel of this whole situation you have going that I can barely even process it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! what a collection. you make our stacks look pedestrian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. years of working in bookshops does this to a flat!

      Delete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...