Thursday, 12 January 2012

things to do in 2012 #2 read...


I have challenged myself to read 100 books this year over on Goodreads.... but alongside this there are a two other books I want to read in 2012. One of them is Moby Dick. I have started this a couple of times and thought it was amazing... but then I just drifted off to other books and am not sure what happened. 2012 is going to be the year of Moby Dick.

As well of this I would really like to read 'Infite Jest' by David Foster Wallace... it's a huge book....but there are support groups out there. In 2009 an online group was set up called infinite summer : 'June 21st to September 22nd. A thousand pages ÷ 92 days = 75 pages a week. No sweat.'


So there you go. Have you read either of these books? should I set up a group for Moby Dick? Moby March? Dick December?
Moby Dick. Infinite Summer. I'm all in.



4 comments:

  1. i tried to do this last year! i got to 30. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Er, is it bad that I don't know whether I've read Moby Dick? I think I have...but maybe it's just that I know the story, or read an abridged children's version. I want to reread Great Expectations, but then think I should read something completely new.

    1000 pages? I'm not going to devote that much time to one book unless it gets RAVE reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. was there a whale in it lakota? so you won't join me for infinite summer? i have my doubts that i'll be able to manage it. yep, knitxcore, i may also crash and burn at 30!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100 is impressive! Good luck! You can do it! My resolution of sorts is to read all the unread books in my shelves before I can buy new (or second hand) books. And I've already said it out so I can't back out. Was tempted though when I realised it would take me more than a year the speed I'm reading now. Well a baby sure does change everything. But at least I get to read lots of children's books.

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...