Monday, 30 April 2012

lunch

this lunch was a what-do-we-have-in-the-cupboard kind of lunch....

ciabatta, corn roasted in the oven, tomatoes with olive oil, a bit of pumpkin oil (actually pumpkin oil is gross, bert likes it tho) to dip the bread into and some beans....
that bean dish is a bit of a regular thing I cook when I suddenly panic that I haven't had any protein. Whatever tin of white beans you have in the cupboard is fine - these are cannelini beans, but I've also cooked this with butter beans and chick peas.
It's just onion and garlic softened in olive oil and a bit of vegan butter, then the beans added and a bit of fresh herbs ( I usually go for parsley or mint).  Cook for a while (about 15 minutes or so) and then at the end add some fresh lemon juice, more fresh herbs and salt and pepper.
Also they taste mighty fine hot or cold.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Sian:
    Well, this looks an absolutely delicious lunch made from 'what you just happen to have' in the fridge and the store cupboard. Believe us when we tell you that a light bulb in the fridge and a well out of date tub of baking powder are all we could muster without shopping!!

    We can only imagine the glorious culinary delights which you make when you have been shopping for the ingredients!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so healthy, you put me to shame. I mean, I cook from scratch usually, but it has to be a family dinner, and it's not quite as virtuous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does not look like my "what do we have in the cupboard lunch" (baked beans).
    I wonder if you have a good bean burger recipe to share? I made my own using a 7 bean mixture, and the kids were gagging. They were dry and tasteless, despite adding paprika and garlic.

    Hope you're enjoying the glorious weather ;)


    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhh! we should have bean soup tonight! you just inspired me :-)

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...