Friday, 18 May 2012

bad days and sandal socks

look at my new socks! they are sandal socks. bert got me them yesterday... i am a little embarrassed to admit that he bought me a gift because i changed sadie's litter tray (it's not my job!).  They look a little grubby tho don't they? sorry about that.

today has not been an amazing day... it started with bert locking me in the flat and leaving his keys in the door... actually that didn't bother me too much... I am happy to be locked in drinking coffee.... but it meant i was late for work.  At work I was headachey and tired and am glad to be home...am making pasta and drinking wine and waiting for bert to come home and reading some crime! (am not huge on crime, but am reading Drive by James Sallis as he is doing a reading in Cardiff next week).

there has been a bit going on round here... we went to some short story readings in the bay... me and my sister went to see my aunty eva who is sick (she's 101!), and it's knitting tomorrow in work.... and maybe a movie in the evening....

what are you up to?

10 comments:

  1. Hello Sian:
    Well, apart from having to do some of Bert's duties [litter tray] and being locked in, we are rather pleased to learn that you are at present drinking wine [excellent idea] and cooking pasta [delicious] for supper so life would seem, or so we trust, to have been restored to some normality.

    Kellemes hétvégét.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you jane and lance! the wine and pasta were wonderful. it isn't right that i have to do bert's duties....

      Delete
  2. Currently catching up with blogs whilst ostensibly watching Star Wars with the boys, then drinking wine while cooking curry, drinking beer while eating curry, and watching Mad Men!

    Funny socks, they remind me of some cute dolly shoe printed ones I bought for a new baby.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool socks! I'm having a printing party for my girlfriends tommorow for my 40th, we getting taught how to make woodblock prints, then eating and drinking. Today i'm preparing all the eating and drinking, including my first sour dough. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a thing for socks, I NEED a pair like that! My best socks are mint green with pink and yellow hot air balloons on.

    I hope you're feeling better after the hostage/headache saga.

    I have been cleaning my baking cupboard, grim. Very grim. 5 tubs of baking powder in varying stages of fullness/emptiness. Won't be buying any for a while.

    lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are from urban outfitters if you fancy a pair!!

      Delete
  6. Haha, those are awesome! And 101?! That is quite an accomplishment!!!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, those socks are neat! I wouldn't mind being locked in either, I love being inside the house ... kind of too much, actually :/. I was locked out a few months ago and it sucked big time, especially because it was cold and I was wearing my PJs, haha.

    Hope you have a great week, Sian! ;D

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. being locked in is definitely better than being locked out....

      Delete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...