Sunday, 27 May 2012

chick peas two ways

I think that chick peas are my favourite bean/pulse/whatever they are.
I like making hummus, or just frying them with garlic, fresh herbs and lemon juice.
the chick peas on the right of the picture are roasted chickpeas. I've tried roasting chick peas before and wasn't wild about the result, but these ones were slightly different.
You just put cooked chick peas on a baking tray and put in the oven for about 10 minutes... then cover them in a mixture of lemon zest, olive oil, smoked paprika and salt and put back in the oven for another few minutes.
They are nice, but still not my favourite thing ever. They are good to snack on though and I imagine they would be good sprinkled over a salad.

The chickpeas on the left are more like hummus... it's really good!
blend about half a tin of chick peas with some lemon juice and then add the other half a tin of chick peas whole. Add some finely chopped red onion, fresh herbs (I used parsley, recipe used dill), mix together mustard, yogurt (I used soy) and salt, add to the chick peas and stir.
It's lovely - a bit lighter than hummus and with a nice texture too.
both of these recipes were adapted from Heidi Swanson's amazing book - 'Super Natural Every Day', go visit her blog for more deliciousness.

In other news, it's hot right? wowsers. I went swimming this morning which was lovely, and now am indoors with the fan on. 
Did you watch Eurovision last night? is this something that people who are not in Europe watch? is it something that people in Europe watch? I love it....my friend Rhys had a party, so we went round to his house to watch eurovision (there was marking the acts too) , drank cava and tried to befriend his newish cutie-pie cat Minnie Moon.
more swimming tomorrow I think. are you keeping cool?

3 comments:

  1. ohhhhh! i want to try them! they look sooo good! what is this eurovision thing everyone is talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh robbie, i feel so sad for you that you didn't get to see eurovision! i am going to do a post on it just for you.x

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...