Thursday, 28 June 2012

books - we have always lived in the castle and richard brautigan and more

I haven't written much about books recently... I put everything over on goodreads and then kind of forget about writing about what i've been reading here.

There's quite a few books that I've recently enjoyed....

I really enjoyed a couple of yoga books - 'Poser: a Memoir in 23 poses' by Claire Dederer and 'Yoga Bitch' by Suzanne Morrison.... and I've got a couple more yoga books to read too.

I just finished 'We have always lived in the Castle' by Shirley Jackson which was quite something - two sisters living in an old house away from everyone - all pretty gothic and witchy and odd and ripe for turning into a film by Tim Burton or Wes Anderson!


Bert bought me the book 'Happy Home' by Jennifer Paganelli which is a really pretty craft book which has some nice projects like making ruffled cushions and pretty pillowcases (tho am not sure who would want to hot glue a million fake flowers on to a box for one of the projects).


Yesterday me and Bert went halves on the new Richard Brautigan biography (just in case you don't know Brautigan he was an amazing writer - one of my faves - who wrote quirky, cute, fun and sad novels with great titles and awesome covers, in the 60s and 70s) which is 800 pages long!!
am pretty excited about reading it as you can see here:


how big is it? Sadie demonstrates here....


(a guity pleasure bookwise has been Tori Spelling's memoirs - really)
So.... what ya reading? any suggestions for me? obviously I won't be able to get around to them til the autumn what with the Brautigan going on.... but would really appreciate it anyways!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's a serious door-stop! No reading in the bath then?

    I've just read 'The psychopath test' by Jon Ronson which I really enjoyed, and now I'm reading a kind of hymn to the North called 'Pies and Prejudice' - really interesting and quite amusing too, especially if you have relatives there like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't read anything lately! it's killing me. i need to carve out a little niche of time for such things. that shirley jackson book sounds good! she's so dark, it's got to be good.

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...