Wednesday, 13 June 2012

passports for little ones

We have an exhibition on at work about refugees and asylum seekers.. and I ran some art sessions around the theme. I thought that refugees might be a bit of a tough one for the under eights, so I kind of went with flags and maps and little passports asking the children where their families were from. I bought some postage stamps online that the children could add to their passports and all in all it worked quite well.

 I made almost 500 of these passports... and there are a few left owing to a quiet week over half term (the weather was totally crazy a few of those days, and as we are primarily an open air museum, the weather has a big effect)


I really love the last page of the passport where the children draw self portraits

rather awesome drawing here...

this little girl made quite the effort! she also had blue lips and teeth after drinking blue soda-pop.

this little girl would like to take her baby cousin (not a monkey as I first thought) Maisie with her if she had to move away.

so, you know, passports are great. I need to get mine renewed too...

2 comments:

  1. Awe, what a sweet post! All the passport look great :p.

    Hope you have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I love kids' drawings - the boys did awesome cards for fathers' day this year. I'm hopeful that the little one might have got into drawing at last (bigger one not much interested) as I loved it so much when I was small. Also I need to renew my passport, boo. Hate passport photos!

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...