Wednesday, 22 August 2012

what we did on our wedding day

So, mainly for Mrs C (ha! and my family too) this is what happened on our wedding day. It's our one-week-aversary today!

Our wedding was at 10am in the registry office in Cardiff. As soon as we left the house to walk there (about a 30 minute walk) it started to rain, and rained pretty heavily until we got home again. The registrar said that rain on your wedding day was good luck. Bert says she probably says that to everyone about the weather.

We had the smallest wedding possible with just two witnesses, my wonderful big sister Emma and our lovely friend Rhys.  The ceremony lasted about 5 or 10 minutes and it was really sweet (although I can't really remember much about it!), the person that married us was lovely too.

After the wedding we met up with my nieces and my sister's partner and went out for a celebratory cup of coffee.

After coffee we said goodbye to our little wedding party and went to the pub for beer and chips. It continued to rain heavily. That Alanis Morrisette song came on that goes 'it's like rai-i-ain on your wedding day' and I suggested it could be our song and Bert said no.

Here we are in the pub.


We got home in time for the aftrernoon movie on tv which was aptly called 'Backyard Wedding' I believe I said at this point 'The Gods are smiling on us today', but I was quite tired and hadn't eaten (couldn't eat the chips) and had had a beer.

After the film, which was wonderfully bad, we went to the library (whoop!!) and out for dinner at a chinese restaurant.

I know that this all sounds like quite a small day, but it was perfect for us and we've been happy (and sleepy, and back at work) ever since.

We have had some wonderful gifts which I'll post about again, and I do have a few more pictures of our day too.  Our trip to San Francisco is going to be our honeymoon and we are both really excited about going away.

did you have a small wedding? tell me about your day!
or have you decided not to get married? my sister is happily unmarried to her man!

the one thing that I didn't like about the wedding was that the registrar said that marriage was by law between one man and one woman (which I know is the law here in the UK, and same sex partners have 'civil partnership ceremonies') but it just seemed like a negative thing in an otherwise lovely ceremony.  Do you have gay marriages where you live? are you two guys or two gals who've had a civil partnership ceremony? Tell me your stories!!x

8 comments:

  1. Oh your day sounds really lovely. And many congratulations! I got gastroentoritis on my wedding day - so it wasn't great. But I got through the ceremony and then went home to bed! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a lovely day! Thank you for the post, so lovely!
    We had a big wedding, no white satin in sight though! David and I are both quite OTT so our wedding suited our personalities, and that is what matters about weddings I feel, that whatever or however you do it, it is perfect for the pair of you :) In NZ we have civil unions as well as marriage, but there is a big move to stop shilly shallying around and make marriage legal for all couples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that sounds sweet, congratulations! We had a little wedding too, just us, we didnt even know the witnesses! It was on a beach in rarotonga and after the ceremony we had dinner on the balcony and watched the sunset. So relaxing compared to the average wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! sounds like a perfect day, love to you both xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Your wedding sounds lovely. I think that all that matters in a wedding is that it means something to you both and you're both happy and yours was obviously perfect for you.

    It feels like a lot of our friends are getting married at the moment and it's lovely to see how each couple does things. We're happily unmarried ourselves though and intend to remain so.

    Congratulations again!

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, congrats to you guys! ;D May you be really, really happy together!

    David and I did something very similar when we got married! We only had one witness, one of his best friends. And it rained, too, haha. It rarely rains in Cali, but of course it had to rain the day of my wedding, haha, no biggie, though, I love rain. After the brief ceremony, the 3 of us had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, we then went home and watched Snatch, which my husband had not seen before and later on we had dinner at a nearby Italian restaurant. So, the 3 of us spent the day a very standard day together, but I loved it.

    Something funny: I couldn't fit in the dress I'd bought in Argentina for that day, haha. It's blue, nothing fancy; so I got married in a black velvet dress I used to wear regularly. I regret not having carried a small cute bouquet ... Totally forgot about that.

    Your honeymoon is going to be so cool! :D I really, really want to visit Frisco! We were planning to drive to Portland on Thanksgiving week so we could see a little of San Francisco, but I think we'll just fly because if we drive, we'd only be able to stay in Portland for a day, haha.

    Have a blast, Sian! And congrats again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess this is the simplest yet the most romantic wedding story I’ve ever read. Actually, I can feel your contentment and happiness by the way you tell your wedding story. Congratulations, guys! May you have a happy journey together! :]

    - Kelli Mueller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your comment!xx really appreciate it.x

      Delete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...