Wednesday, 17 October 2012

some things to feel better to...

i've been sick for the last few days... i feel better now but toast is still the food of choice. while sick we watched the entire first series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, some Party of Five and some Streets of San Francisco.... oh, we also watched the movie The Crucible.. in which Winona Ryder is really naughty.
lots of people round here have been sick recently...boo. Here are some things to make you feel better if you are poorly too....


maybe some herbal remedies?
there's a whole list of them here where the picture was from too.
a cute cat ring to wear would pick anyone up I reckons....

Looking at nice things feels good too right?
beautiful images all found here

Everyone knows that craft makes you feel better... 
I've been reading Betsy Greer's blog which has loads of great stuff on it (I've also just started reading her book knitting for good), I love the Secrets Of Nature collaborative embroidery project made with breast cancer patients.
it was started by Gisela Griffith who began embroidering when she was suffering from breast cancer herself. She began embroidering plants that the drugs themselves came from... she found it relaxing... and got other patients embroidering too!  read more about Gislela here.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better very soon! Lovely images, I like the black and gold moons and the flowers underneath very much.
    If you're better by Sunday, and free, fancy coffee?

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! That sucks!
    Hope you feel better soon!
    And I hope little Sadie is giving you lots of extra loves!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! It seems like all the bloggers whose blogs I read are sick!
    I hope you feel better soon. I also like the black an gold moons, but I have a thing for moon imagery. Interesting about Gisela's project. I live in Boston and was treated for breast cancer there, and didn't even know about the project or exhibition.

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...