Sunday, 2 December 2012

what i read in november

I read these books this November. I also read a teenage book called 'Witch in Winter' by Ruth Warbuton but forgot to take a photo of it.

I was super excited about the Cyndi Lauper autobiography but was a bit disappointed in it (and her). I loved the book 'Names for the Sea' by Sarah Moss which was all about her moving to Iceland with her family. It was really fascinating, and because of it I read 'The Fish Can Sing' by Halldor Laxness as he is an Icelandic writer who is supposedly amazing. Sadly (and am disappointed in myself here) I found him really dull... there seemed to be constant talk of lump fish... I was so glad when it was over and celebrated by reading some Norah Roberts which turned out to be a whole heap of crazy fun (and romance of course).

oh, and 'Wild' by Cheryl Strayed - hugely popular in America and Oprah says it's great. You know what? it is great, it's a memoir of the death of Strayed's mother and how Strayed hiked along the Pacific Crest Trail to recover and I guess find herself again. It's really remarkable.

as always I have written even more rubbishy reviews on goodreads.... and also I want to know what you are reading?

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh the Iceland one looks swell - love that cover!

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...