Friday, 1 February 2013

january books

Hello!
this is what i read in january. it was a lot of non fiction.... it was kind of health and spirituality with a sneak of teenage immortals and a comic thrown in.
I so loved the rookie yearbook. I mainly read it in december but finished it in January.
It's written for teenage girls but I am pretty sure that you will enjoy it if you are a neither.
it's packed full of amazing writing, interviews, great articles etc etc. really it's so good.

the Donna Farhi book was so great, I found it to be kinda revolutionary for me. it's about yoga but it talks about how to be happy and how to be a good person (the happiness project tries to tell you how to be a good person too.. but it's nowhere near as good).
the book on the bottom right 'Brain on Fire' by Susannah Cahalan was fascinating - it's a memoir about a woman who was perfectly healthy and then went completely 'mad' for a couple of months. I thought it was great and thought provoking and jam packed full of interesting.
what ya been reading?


2 comments:

  1. Have you read A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness? I think you will like it and it has some amazing art work in it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still 'Game of Thrones'! Blimey it's a weighty tome, or would be, if it weren't on my kindle. Just finished it though, only another 4 to go!

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...