Saturday, 23 February 2013

pastini soup


i have absolutely lost my voice - I have self diagnosed it as laryngitis...
so bert made pastini soup.
it's made by frying garlic, onion and chilli in olive oil with cumin and smoked paprika.
then veg stock was added along with some sliced carrots, parsnip and cubed sweet potato.
the pastini was added along with tomato puree, some balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper and then it was simmered until everything was cooked but the carrots had a little bite.
it was garnished with some chopped spring onions and fresh coriander.
it was the best thing ever. so far i have eaten two four bowls of it.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!
    I'm sure the soup will help!
    Last time I was ill I made a soup with about 8 cloves of garlic!
    I stunk, but it worked!
    Cuddle up on the couch with Sadie and have a rest
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I hope you get your voice back soon chickadee. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish! Hope you're feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. soup is my favorite food. that's right. all soup.

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...