Friday, 22 March 2013

penguin lines

There's a new series of books out called 'Penguin Lines' which are small books which are linked with different lines on the underground. There are some interesting authors involved - I really want to read the Leanne Shapton one - and the books are really beautifully designed.

Bert brought home this one

...which is one about the circle line (though also not much about the circle line really) and I read it on the bus on the way home from london yesterday - it would have been better if I had read it when I was on the circle line earlier in the day, but I'm an idiot.

Anyway, I really love the cover (a photo of the author when she was 15) and I enjoyed reading it to, it was a memoir of sorts about growing up with her slightly posh, bohemian family and it reminded me a little of Esther Freud's books and slightly of The Virgin Suicides... but I think that was mainly because there are a lot of glamorous sisters in it....

(see more about the books here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...