Tuesday, 30 April 2013

what i read in april

here's what I read this April!
A goo-ood bunch I think.
Manhattan when I was young by Mary Cantwell
The Night Watch by Sarah Waters
Swimming Studies by Leanne Shapton
Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore
The End of Your Life Bookclub by Will Schwalbe
Green Girl by Kate Zambreno
I await the Devil's Coming by Mary Maclane

I liked lots of these and have written more about them on Goodreads 
My Favourites of the month were probably Manhattan When I was Young which is a memoir about working on magazines in 1950s New York, and Swimming Studies by Leanne Shapton - Leanne Shapton is a writer/illustrator and her drawings and paintings are just lovely. This book is a memoir about swimming, and I used to swim a lot, so, you know, I could relate.
I also thought The End of Your Life Bookclub was very lovely too, it's another memoir, but this time about a mother/son relationship when the mother is dying. They read books together and then discuss the books so it gives them something to talk about other than illness and treatments.
Oh gosh, I also really liked Green Girl... and I await the devil's coming, and even tho The Night Watch was a re-read for me, I loved that too....
so,all the books I read this month were great, aside from Texas Gothic which was just ok....
what have you been reading?
what shall I read next?
oh, and happy beltane!x

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...