Thursday, 1 August 2013

what i read in july...

...not much.

My favourite book this month was The Trip to Echo spring by Olivia Laing. It's a book about why writers drink but it's also a memoir and a travel book of sorts too. It's really beautifully written and I really loved it.
I was really excited to read Michelle Tea's new young adult book. I enjoyed that too, though didn't love it as much as I've loved her previous books.
That just leaves me with Wolf Hall, which at over 650 pages is quite a big book. We read it for reading group and everyone really liked it, but although I could see how good it was and how there was much to admire in it (I loved the period details and the atmosphere) it just didn't really work for me.
have you read anything good this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...