Wednesday, 11 September 2013

sweet and savory kale chips

Kale chips. How do you make them? 
before today I would just put them on a baking tray and sprinkle with nutritional yeast flakes, salt, pepper and olive oil. After today I shall just be following ONE recipe. This one.x
It's from the book 'The Karma Chow' by Melissa Costello and really all it is is mix up olive oil, nutritional yeast flakes, salt, agave syrup, lemon and almond butter (I had cashew butter). Mix it all up and then pour over your kale and toss. Pop it in the oven for 15 minutes.

gah. I ate two whole bowls of the stuff. 
while drinking white wine.
what an afternoon.


8 comments:

  1. Snap, I've made Kale crisps too, except mine are flavoured with sea salt and balsamic vinegar. So funny. Your combo intrigues me, will have to try it some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! just saw and commented on your blog!

      Delete
  2. Oh did you see my previous comment on your blog, asking for a recipe - please share - pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did, and have just bee typing up the recipe. - will pop it up later.x

      Delete
  3. I've tried the nooch and purple corn Kale chips from infinity foods
    They're addictive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, i love them! they are more crispy than these. have you tried the tiramisu from infinity foods???

      Delete
    2. No. I've only tried them, a cheesecake and the ice cream
      I live near there and I've only been once
      I need to try their breakfast it looks good

      Delete
  4. I hate to admit that I've never made kale chips. I've got to try these. I love Infinity Foods! Their bakewell tart is yummy.

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...