Thursday, 5 September 2013

veg box cooking

I got an organic vegetable box delivered. I was pretty excited about it.
It had sweetcorn, potatoes, green beans, carrots, courgettes, peppers, lettuce and spinach. I'm finding it pretty hard work to get through all the green stuff before it goes bad, I have eaten A LOT of spinach the last two days.

day 1
I made spinach, with potatoes and chick peas. I had it with bread...



day 2 
Sweetcorn with chili, red peppers, onion, garlic, ginger and lime juice
along with
spinach frittata's cooked with tofu, onion, red pepper, garlic and spinach
and
salad made with my lettuce, tomatoes and seeds

I think we are all excited about day 3 - we are going to have to work on those green beans, and the rest of that huge lettuce isn't going to eat itself

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to suggest braised lettuce and peas (petit pois a la francais to be fancy). But I'm guessing you might pull a face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did make a slight face.
      but i am going to try it like a big girl.

      Delete
  2. When my organic veg box delivers more greens than I can eat, I make callaloo or minestrone soup with greens and freeze it.
    I love my veg box and was just about to do a blog post about it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh! this is the kind of information i need!!! (will look out for the blog post too)

      Delete
  3. Hi Sian,
    I agree with Asparagus Pea, braised (gem) lettuce and peas - so yummy.

    I make a vegan frittata now and again, but I have to say your spinach frittata's cooked with tofu, onion, red pepper, garlic and spinach has me really interested that I want to make it. Can you please share the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...