Tuesday, 31 December 2013

ana mendieta tote bag

Back in November me and Bert went to see the Ana Mendieta exhibition in the Hayward Gallery.
I am a HUGE fan of Mendieta and was secretly (and not so secretly) hoping they would have some Mendieta merchandise, maybe some badges or notebooks, or at the very least a tote bag. is that wrong?
Admittedly much of her work deals with rape and violence so possibly isn't ideal for a tote.
Anyway... They didn't have tote bags.
But.
Bert stitched me one!
hurray!
I love it so.
It is inspired by the above image on one side... and has a great quote on the other.



1 comment:

  1. Bert is sweetheart to make you a one-of-a-kind tote bag. I just saw the Paul Klee exhibition at the Tate Modern. His works lend themselves to painted textile, quilt and other creative endeavors.

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...