Sunday, 29 December 2013

bagels and 'cream' cheese...


today I made bagels and cashew cream cheese.
this is the recipe I followed for the bagels, and I think they've turned out ok... they are just cooling out of the oven and Bert-Bagel-Pastore will have to give them the official taste test later.
I've been wanting to make cashew cream cheese for a while but you need a blender and I didn't have one...
UNTIL NOW! 
thanks mama (who got me a little blender for christmas)
To make cashew cheese you have to soak the cashews in water for at least two hours. I think the longer you soak them the smoother the cheese will be, so you can soak them over night if you have time. I only gave 'em two hours as I was super keen to give it a go....
then you blend them with salt and nutritional yeast flakes, apparently you can just do that, but I also added olive oil and some water to loosen it up. I also added some chopped spring onions at the end for a bit of excitement.
cashew cheese is so 2014.

UPDATE! bert liked them! whoop.
the big success tho is the cashew cheese. gosh.

2 comments:

  1. Both look yummy and that bagel recipe looks very easy. I'll have to try making them. I hope they pass the 'Bert-test.'

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...