Saturday, 8 February 2014

recent readings....

Just some of the books I've read this year... 
these were the good ones... 
there were some other ones I read that I didn't love.
The Days of Anna Madrigal by Armistead Maupin was my favourite one out of these, it's the latest/last in the Tales of the City series and it's so wonderful and touching and sweet, but not cheesy and sentimental - it still feels like real life.
Nevada by Imogen Binnie was also great - it's a novel about a trans woman in New York City, relationships, books, drugs, travel and a bit of vegan food. 
For more about the other books I'm over on goodreads

2 comments:

  1. I've just read a book by Curtis Sittenfeld too, called Prep, which I quite enjoyed. The main character is a suuuuuper arwkward teenage girl, which I really related to.

    I like the sound of Nevada, I'll have to find a copy of that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i loved Prep! i didn't like sisterland as much as her other books... but still enjoyed it.x

      Delete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...