Monday, 14 July 2014

book haul

 
hmmm, there's been a few book shaped treats round here in the last few weeks! American Afterlife by Kate Sweeney looks so good. I can't wait to read it. Bert got me a reading copy of the John Waters book! argh! am also super excited to read this as I love John Waters - there's mixed reviews on goodreads tho.

 
H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald is a beautiful book that bert also got for free. I love nature books and this looks wonderful.
Speedboat by Renata Adler was a gift from Bert's brother for my birthday. Everyone says this book is great so I'm really looking forward to reading it. I love New York Review Books.

 
These two were also reading copies from Bert. I have been meaning to read Miriam Toews for quite a while, and although I don't know anything about The Book of Unknown Americans it looks really good.


I do not need two books on printmaking, but I couldn't resist these two which I bought in the museum bookshop where I work. I have some new craft activites coming up so am going to use these to get inspired.

 
aw. this is my favourite of all! a signed Landline by Rainbow Rowell.
have you read any of these? I have so much on my to-read pile, I am almost overwhelmed.x

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your signed Rainbow Rowell! I'm still waiting for the library's copy of Landline to get to me, very frustrating cos I know it's been out for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your review of Carsick. Anth and I went to see John Waters a few years ago and he was brilliant. I don't think I have ever laughed so much while feeling slightly queasy at the same time. A could barely talk after the show - he was so hoarse from laughing!

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...