Wednesday, 29 October 2014

salad!

(Beware... I overuse the word salad in this post)

salad is my favourite food.
but fancy salad... 
so I got a new salad book... you wouldn't think there was that much to discuss about salad... but there is! 
there is so much you can add to them - tofu, tempeh, kale, lentils... yum!
Also this book is separated by season, so I went straight to the 'fall' chapter and made myself a chickpea salad.
The salad was called 'smokehouse chickpeas 'n' greens salad'... but really I just followed the chickpea part of it.

 
 
get a can of chickpeas and fry in olive oil until golden.... meanwhile mix up 1 tablespoon of tamari, 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke.
I didn't have any liquid smoke so I skipped that bit and I didn't have enough for a tablespoon of maple syrup so I added some agave. whatevs, right?
anyway, you add the mixture and then cook it for a while (4 minutes according to the book) and then take it off the heat and mix in some nutritional yeast flakes (2 tablespoons).
After that you just mix it in with your salad - I had rocket, edame beans and roasted asparagus.

and I also bought myself this book as bert's favourite food is pasta....
x

2 comments:

  1. smoked paprika (sweet not hot) is good for a bit of background smoke

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me many years to get into salads. I'm still not usually fond of them, but I do have a few up my sleeve that I love and eat nearly every day now:)

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...