Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Christmas songs



Hello! And happy Christmas. Me and bert have just had a festive Christmas eve lunch, and I may or may not have had quite a bit of 'pink fizz'.

I wanted to share my favourite Christmas songs! Yay! In no particular order.....

Driving home for Christmas by Chris Rea
Oh gosh. I think secretly this might be my favouritest Christmas song of all time! Bert mocks me about this one and says it's awful... But then I say 'I like the sentiment' and bert says, what? The sentiment of some really boring guy driving home from work? And then I think he'll never understand me.  Anyway.... I've worked a lot in retail over the years and therefore worked a lot of Christmas eves (I'm looking at you Body Shop, Ottakar's and Waterstones) , which has resulted in a lot of last minute driving home for Christmas shenanigans.  I heard this song the other day when I was shopping and it gave me shivers. How can something so wrong be so right?

Must be Santa by Bob Dylan
This is a recent edition to the Christmas oeuvre- and I think one of the sweetest and most heartfelt. Dylan does such a good job on his Christmas album it's almost as revolutionary as when he went electric.  You may not have this album, but you need it. Trust Mrs Lile-Pastore

Wonderful Christmas time by Paul McCartney
Another Classic right? I genuinely love this song. When I spent a year in university in York me and my housemates used to put this on over and over again in the Grange bar (or, as we called it the 'Strange bar ') and I'm pretty sure it wasn't christmas.

Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin Steven's
Aw! Shakey! He was big back in the day when I was in primary school in Llanilar, my friend Fiona even had a poster of him on her wall that she used to kiss every night. This song wins because it reminds me of being little. I distinctly remember having a 7" of it in my Christmas stocking which said 'happy Christmas to sian love Santa' on it. Plus the song is awesome, right?

One little Christmas Tree by Stevie Wonder
This ones pretty new to me. It used to play all the time when I worked in waterstones Newport. Me and rob used to sing it to each other. I think it has an edge of sadness, but who knows, I never listen to the words.....

Happy Christmas kittens!!
I hope your Christmas tree lights up your world..


3 comments:

  1. Aww! I love this post! Have a wonderful Christmas and give Sadie a big kiss from me
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks guys! and happy christmas to you both!xxx

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...