Tuesday, 30 December 2014

end of 2014 beginning of 2015

hello!
so, it's the time of year to look back and then look forward.
how was 2014 for you?
we had a good time! highlights of 2014 were going to End of the Road festival with shelley and pete where we saw great music and had a lovely time. we also went to Hay festival and saw the amazing Siri Hustvedt and Lorrie Moore.
my mum had a big birthday (that's her in the middle!) and we had a celebration with all the family.
I also really enjoyed yoga in the park over the summer with yogafever (and their hot yoga classes in general), and went to new yoga classes at sara's classes at pontcanna dojo and elite fitness . 
and.... 
conchita won eurovision!
I was in a book! (craftivism by betsy greer)
bert had a story in The Ghastling magazine
I discovered booktube!
and of course there were all the little things which make up a life - spending time with the ever-lovely bert, and of course sadie-cat who continues to be a delight and a monster. buying books, reading books, watching movies, watching boxsets, going out for dinner, drinking coffee, and nice chats with bert and other favourite people.
work was a little challenging this year... as we had a 'restructuring' which meant that some people lost their jobs. I changed jobs and while there were many positives to this (including working with lovely new people) I did find the whole experience pretty stressful and overwhelming. I've been thankful for this christmas holiday, as I was feeling run down from work. I'm starting to feel more refreshed now and ready to begin the working year anew. 

and 2015?
hmmm. 
I shall be starting a yoga teacher training course in mid-january
we have already booked our tickets for End of the Road
we are hoping to go to Venice for the biennale.

so for the last couple of days of 2014 I shall be staying in and reading and cooking (I still have a blocked ear - gah)
today I am reading a really fun book called Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins and baking cookies.
happy new year to you all!
I hope 2015 treats you well.

(stay tuned for mine and bert's books of the year! exciting!!)
x

3 comments:

  1. I hope you all have a wonderful 2015!
    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Sian.I love to read your blog, I think I've read more books than ever this year because you inspire me xo

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...