Wednesday, 3 December 2014

meditation

Do you meditate?
I keep thinking I should, as all the great people seem to meditate every day.
apparently it's good to mediate twice a day for forty minutes each.
that sounds like an awful long time.
So my plan for December is to meditate every day for ten minutes a day, and then maybe if I feel like it I can increase the time. So far I have managed four days in a row.... I set the timer on my phone for 10 minutes, sit cross legged, close my eyes and breathe. and that's it. Ten minutes can feel like forever, but I'm already finding it easier.
I don't know much about meditation, so if anyone has got any tips or book suggestions that would be great.

Recently I've been reading books by Thich Nhat Hanh which I've been really loving and I've also been reading about plum village - his mindfulness retreat centre, I so want to go there!
At the moment Thich Nhat Hanh is in hospital after having a brain hemorrhage at aged 88, apparently he is doing better, there is a really sweet bit in the update on the plum village website that says he is 'truly the best breather in the world'
if you haven't read any of his books, give them a try, both myself and oprah are fans.
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...