Thursday, 1 January 2015

books of the year 2014





BOOKS OF THE YEAR!!!!!
so kids, here are our lists of the top ten books we read this year.
we are talking about books we read this year, so not neccessarily books that were published this year.
oh gosh, we love to read.
this year I have read 89 books and Bert read 80
we have lots to choose from for our top 10!
here goes!

Sian's Top Ten Books of 2014
California by Edan Lepucki
Country Dance by Margiad Evans
A Short Life of Trouble: Forty Years in the New York Art World by Marcia Tucker
My Salinger Year by Joanna Rakoff
Among Others by Jo Walton
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
We are all Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler
Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar by Cheryl Strayed
Journey into the Past by Stefan Zweig
I Loved You More by Tom Spanbauer


also I'd like to give honourable mentions to the following:
Redefining Realness by Janet Mock
and a couple of authors I discovered and enjoyed this year, which were
Andrew Smith 
and
Thich Hanh Nhat


Bert's Top Ten Books of 2014
I Loved You More by Tom Spanbauer
Incandescence by Craig Nova
Park Avenue Tramp by Fletcher Flora
Engine Summer by John Crowley
The Death of Sweet Mister by Daniel Woodrell
Young Man with a Horn by Dorothy Baker
In the Beginning was the Sea by Tomas Gonzalez
The Vengeful Virgin by Gil Brewer
The Children of Dynmouth by William Trevor
The First Bad Man by Miranda July
Bert would like to give an honourable mention to Stella Gibbons as an author he discovered and read this year too.

if you want to know more about our thoughts on these books - we are both on good reads.
under our names I think...

Have you read any of these?
what were your favourite books of the year?

If you'd like to know our favourites from previous years.... here they are - 20132012 and 2011

3 comments:

  1. There are already a couple of these on my wishlist(including Thich Hanh Nhat), but I'll definitely have to look into the ones I hadn't heard of yet.

    And you read a lot! I finished 42 this year, but set this year's goal to 50 again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I really want to read that Dear Sugar book. It has been on my list for years now. Did you love Among Others? I loved Among Others soooooo much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did! it was amazing! haven't read any of her other books tho.

      Delete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...