Sunday, 11 January 2015

some things i'm excited about...

I am currently in the throes of Manuary (reading only books by male writers in January)  about which I will share with you at the end of the month ('citin huh?).
And I admit that I am missing the ladies. 
but, but, I found some REALLY great stuff that's coming out soon.
first off - a memoir by Kim Gordon!
I am so excited to read this - apparently it's going to cover her childhood, 80s and 90s New York, her break up with Thurston Moore and, of course, MUSIC.
To be honest I am still reeling from Kim and Thurston's break up (it happened in 2011, so I need to get over it) and I used to LOVE Thurston so much and now there's a little part of me that doesn't.

The book is coming out at the end of February.

When I think about my most favourite books ever (a difficult task) I always come back to 'Paint it Black' by Janet Fitch. I LOVE this book so much, I prefer it to Fitch's previous book 'White Oleander' which is a bit controversial of me. Apparently Janet Fitch is writing a new novel set during the Russian revolution, I cannot wait.
So, I heard that there was going to be a film of Paint it Black.... and then I heard that Amber Tamblyn was writing and directing the movie version! yes!
I heart Amber Tamblyn
I think it's going to be great (I hope it's going to be great!)
It's currently in post-production so am not sure when it will be out.


And finally.
Have you read Patti Smith's memoir 'Just Kids'?
if you haven't, go read it, because it is one of the most beautiful books ever written. I haven't met anyone who doesn't love it - well, someone bert knows said they didn't like it but they are just wrong - it is so inspiring and gorgeously written.
I almost had a panic attack when I found out yesterday that there is a follow up coming out this year! 
although I'm thinking we shouldn't overhype it for ourselves, because realistically, it can't be as good as Just Kids, but it's still going to be one of the best books we read this year, right?

it's coming out in september.....

Is there anything you are looking forward to this year books/movies/music wise?
tell me! 
I am also secretly looking foward to seeing the 'Fifty shades of grey' film..... la la la.
x

3 comments:

  1. Glyn has named his new bike Thurston Holdsworth - but we don't know who Thurston Moore is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is thurston holdsworth a person? Thurston moore was in somic youth....

      Delete
  2. Holdsworth is the make of the bike and some woman in the guardian was writing about mountain biking in wales with her son 'thurston'. So we decided that Thurston Holdsworth sounded like he might have taught algebra at a grammar school in the 60's. Glyn bought the bike off ebay to do a caernarfon to cardiff bike ride x

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...