Monday, 19 January 2015

yoga teacher training course

Hi! 
this is me at the end of day four of yoga teacher training.
The course is a 200 hour one and runs from january to november over a number of long weekends. 
The last few days have been a bit of a learning curve and I'm glad I have today off work to process it all. (although I have booked a hot yoga class for later....)
There are eighteen people on the course and it's a nice mix of ages and yoga experience and abilities. The first day I found very overwhelming and wished I'd done a lot more reading about yoga and a lot more classes....
but by the second day I felt better and more at home and after four days of yoga (and travelling - it takes me a couple of hours to get to the place i'm training and then a couple of hours home obvs) it feels weird to be sitting on the sofa writing my blog today. 
so, I need to do some reading today.
then I  need to....
develop a home practice and do it every day
meditate every day
understand anatomy
go to at least one class a week
observe 6 classes
prepare a presentation on one of the yoga sutras
write an essay on the yoga sutras

yep.
are you doing anything new and scary in 2015?
have you done a yoga teacher training course?

9 comments:

  1. Good work Sian, maybe see you at hot yoga later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm going to the 6pm one! you?x

      Delete
  2. I'm more of a yoghurt eater than a yoga teacher, alas ;-) It does sound very interesting though and I am pleased you got over the cringe in only a day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start doing yoga again - have major monkey brain with all the new job stuff. I think yoga would help. Glad your course is challenging you - in a good way xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hold that thought asparagus pea. I'll be needing volunteers/guinea pigs soon! (Hope you're doing ok with new job!)

      Delete
  4. Hi Sian, I am not one for resolutions, but I have recently started Yoga - 3 weeks, I am not a gym person, so yoga was calling my name. I have yet to buy a mat, as I wasn't sure it was for me, but I think it is and will continue with it.
    Good luck with the course and Happy St Dwynwens Day to you and your Bert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is giving a very nice things about the yoga. Its help me to describe an actual process of yoga. Please post some more related blogs

    Visit :- Yoga Teaching Course

    ReplyDelete

hello! so nice to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...